Speaking of wanting things, I've come across this semi-meme(sememe? pseudomeme?) over on Jon F and Christina's livejournals (people who used to also write for Another 48 Hours, and whose writings I regularly read, despite having met them once in passing, and having Jon once entirely not recognize me because I'd lost weight over the summer.) and I'm giving it a spin.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
- to get five people to sign up and complete the freeipods thing.
- to go for coffee with people I don't see. Jon F, Kav and Christina, I'm looking at you three specifically.
- an afternoon to go thrift shopping.
- a scarf, somewhere in the region of six feet long, preferably in a darker color. knit, bought, whatever.
- mix CDs. They're always fun. In fact, I like making them, so maybe we could trade.
- recommendations for things to do, try, see, and listen to.
- for everyone who reads this to leave a comment; especially whoever happens to be reading this in Lithuania. I'm just curious, is all.
- dress shirts with french cuffs.
- dark chocolate.
incidentally, it took me 40 minutes of my "workday" to actually write this post, which means I'll have been paid to blog. Fantastic.