November 09, 2004

in wayfuckinbetter news:

  • increased RAM in the PC from 128MB to 320MB. In non-geek speak, things run better and crash less now.
  • have decided I like the scarf. it's a bit itchy, and doesn't work too well with about half of my wardrobe, which I guess means I'm going to be needing another one.
  • got my mom to agree on splitting the cost of a proper wool overcoat as my Hindu New Year gift (it's on Friday)
  • have been downloading music again, so far I have:
    • Annie - Anniemal
    • Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (LA's Desert Origins)
    • Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Shake the Sheets
    • Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt
    • Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine
    • Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People
    • Spoon - Girls Can Tell
    • The Dears - No Cities Left
    • Hope of the States - The Lost Riots
    • Akufen - Fabric 17
    • Autechre - LP5 and Tri Repetae++
    • Belle and Sebastian - Tigermilk, Dear Catastrophe Waitress, If You're Feeling Sinister and Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant
    • Benn Gibbard - Joga (Bjork cover)
    • more impressions on them later; so far Anniemal is the guiltiest pleasure ever, and The Dears are like a Britrock timewarp.
  • received email confirming that I will be interviewing GWAR, and that further details will be forthcoming.
  • mocked someone on the AUS email list; did not mean to send message to entire list, but have so far received 4 general "well done" type messages, one "that was unnecessary" and triggered Collins to send out a reminder not to respond to the entire list. whee!
  • opened ING account, am well on way to fiscal responsibility
  • am now reading Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel, am enjoying vastly while also pondering if I shouldn't be studying in the time spent reading for enjoyment.
  • it's an interrobang‽ it questions? it exclaims!


No comments: