better late than never, I guess.
time to relapse.
anywhoo: standard year end meme follows:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Spent a full 12 months out of school, did only distance ed classes, got fired, temped, bought a DSLR, went to Sasquatch, went to a bunch of queer events, drank so much I blacked out, worked retail, bought a Mac.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
to move forward with the five-year plan. It really was a lot of decompression.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't be arsed.
Fair, birthday, New Years, telling my parents about drugs, MBP Day One, Sasquatch, V-Fest, Okkervil River... the day we killed the fair.
would I like to forget the summer? yes. will I? probably not.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being control, walking away, letting myself be helped.
9. What was your biggest failure?
There were a lot.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
They know who they are.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
They know who they are, too.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Braces, mortgage, tuition, etc.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Music, restoration of sanity..
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Mistaken for Strangers - The National
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Saner.
b) thinner or fatter? Definitely fatter, working on it.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes. No. I'm confused.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Special Topics in Calamity Physics.
honorable mentions: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Kimberly Elam's Grid Systems and Typographic Systems.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The National, Battles, The Twilight Sad, Grizzly Bear.
27. What did you want and get?
Material stuff, space, etc.
28. What did you want and not get?
Material stuff, freedom.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
No Country for Old Men.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
22: ACF Staff Dinner.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I like sweaters.
33. What kept you sane?
Effexor, 150mg, once a day... at least it did until I stopped taking them, started again, and then tapered down.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Uh, most all of the cast of Battlestar Galactica.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I wasn't stirred a whole lot, in retrospect.
36. Who did you miss?
Most everyone. We seem to have grown up and apart.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Pretty much everyone at the Ubyssey but especially Brandon, Matt Hayles, Paul, and Kellan; Sean from temping @ Credential; Gary from Metafilter.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
This is worth fighting for.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
The National - Racing Like A Pro:
Your mind is racing like a pro, now
oh my god it doesn’t mean a lot to you
one time you were a glowing young ruffian
oh my god it was a million years ago
February 17, 2008
better late than never, I guess.