November 19, 2004

flux = rad

I had three options for tonight:
1) go beer gardening, get loaded.
2) go to pink floyd laser show with Graham.
3) bake a cake.

I chose the cake.
Recipe's here, if you want it.
---

While at the buck a beaker today (for roughly twenty minutes), I ran into Rob Cross, who said that I hadn't posted much of what I was up to, and between that and not seeing him for two weeks (this is actually a long interval of non-Robicity), he felt like he'd fallen out of my life. I can think of far too many people I haven't seen that I used to see on a regular basis (circumstances such as England or graduation notwithstanding) that read this and might feel the same way. So, here's the rundown:

The Commute: It's much reduced; my mom's working again so I go to Nanaimo Street Station and then drive home from there.

The Schooling: Midterms are over, have an assignment due Monday, nothing pressing until exams.

The Working: Paycheques are late. This displeases me greatly. Am picking up a few extra hours in the computer labs because they're putting a bunch of iBooks into Buchanan Tower's lobby for student use for the next two weeks. Tours are fine, and I don't think I'll have a regular tour next term, which is something I'm sort of looking forward to. I may or may not be in the running for AMS CRO; they told me I would be put into the application pool when it happened, but since it's been a few months, and I have very little faith in people, I'll probably double check at some point.

The Home Life: Braces by the end of the school year. Wisdom teeth out sometime over break, and I'm seeing the dentist every. Tuesday. morning. from now until school gets out.

The Other Stuff I Do: interviewing GWAR on Wednesday; should probably research band so's I can ask intelligent questions. Around the AUS more than I think I should be; will probably cut back a bit. Have the reviewer slot for the Arcade Fire show, but given it'll be a packed show, I'm going to buy a ticket tomorrow or soonish anyway.

The Shows I Am Going To: GWAR, Arcade Fire, other stuff as it comes up.

The Reason I Have Not Yet Posted the Five in Heavy Rotation Despite Promising it a While Ago: Most of my listening happens on the commute now, which means that it's primarily full-album listening.

    Five albums are easy, though:
  • ...and you will know us by the trail of dead - Worlds Apart
  • Autechre - tri repetae++
  • Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt
  • Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine
  • Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People


The Scarf: Sold. For $30, which means I make a solid $14 profit. The hunt for a new one is on.

Other Stuff You Should Know: The Mozilla Release Launch Party is tomorrow. It'll be a geektastic time; it's an open-source browser release party, and part of me can't believe I'm going, and another part of me really wants some swag. You can find out more about Mozilla here (if you're not already using it) and about the party here.

No comments: