February 04, 2005

stuff:

- I applied for ECSS, but now I don't know if I really do want to do it. On the one hand, it's exactly what I want to do after school and it's not experience I'd get a crack at for a good long time otherwise. At the same time, I don't know if I want to/can handle fulltime work along with the courseload; it's too late to drop stuff and I sort of don't want to. It's not a financial thing, either, if I'm not working at the AMS, then I still have Equity, Campus Tours, and the PNE as well as whatever else comes up for the summer. Plus, Spencer raised an interesting point about how he'd need an assistant (and he'd rename the position to the Chief of Staff; first person to call them Mike gets pushed down a stairwell) that knows how he works before getting into the role to minimize learning time, and really, who else knows how Spencer works better than me?
- I'm buying a Powerbook after the next revision, which will probably come in June*. If it's a G5, then I'll buy the G4s because the first version of Mac stuff is often buggy. If it's the dual-core, or the Freescales, then I'll get one of those. I'm still not absolutely certain on it; if there's something that better suits my needs and is cheaper, then I'm all for it, but I don't think anything will match the size/power/sexiness/does everything I could possibly need for the next few years combination. And, yes, when I buy electronics, sexiness totally matters.
- I haven't been listening to much new music lately; whether that's because I don't feel like sifting through Pitchfork or because I'm feeling curmudgeonly is debatable. Anyway, suggestions are welcome.

*Powerbooks work on a roughly 6-month product cycle, or so says rumor site's buying guide

wowsers, I'm boring.

No comments: