January 01, 2004

no lj-cuts for me, wo wo tonight.

1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before? A lot of things; notably worked at a rock concert, went to a rock concert, moved out of Vancouver, started a blog, was the mature one in an argument with my brother.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make New Year's resolutions. And anything I put in writing tends to fall through.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.

5. What countries did you visit? Does the US count?

6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003? A lot of things, most of them minor.

7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 12, when my sister was married. April 9, my first fair. July 4, moving. August 30, Radiohead.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Staying sane.

9. What was your biggest failure? Lost it for a bit.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No car accidents, thankfully. Just allergies.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Eggos? Radiohead ticket? tough call.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? A lot of people for a lot of things; they know who they are.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Few people. They know who they are, too.

14. Where did most of your money go? Food.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Radiohead.

16. What song will always remind you of 2003? Kazzer's "Pedal to the Metal", Radiohead's "2+2=5" (bonus for having Graham on it)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Writing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Commuting. Working on it, though.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? Spent it in Delta.

22. Did you fall in love in 2003? No. Yes. I'm so confused. Hold me.

23. How many one-night stands? None.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Don't care anymore.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hating people is a waste of time and energy.

26. What was the best book you read? The entire run of Transmetropolitan. The moment you say that graphic novels don't count, I will cut you.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Most everything I listen to that isn't Radiohead.

28. What did you want and get? Eggos!

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Kill Bill. Over the top gore = awesome. Company = awesomer.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 18, and studied. I had an exam the next day.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Working during the summer.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? Clothes? Good call.

34. What kept you sane? Vanessa, Radiohead, and this weird grip I have on my sanity.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ed O'Brien. More because I want to be him, not do him.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Don't really pay much attention to the politics.

37. Who did you miss? A couple of people from high school who I'd lost touch with or were only seeing on MSN. My sister; until I realized that sleeping diagonally was now possible. Everyone, when I was stuck in Delta for longish periods of time.

38. Who was the best new person you met? Can't say. Although I met most of my new gang in the beginning of first year, I spent this one getting to know them a lot better. If you want new new people, then I'd have to go with Tony, Quinn, and Collins/Costa.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003? Change is inevitable.

(download the mp3, go to 1:24)

No comments: