I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I firmly believe that one day, I'll make it through a leadership multi-day orientation/focus thing without acquiring a stunning hangover.
This wasn't that day.
Between the two halves of the Equity Ambassador Fall Retreat, there was Kerrisdale Alpha's Housewarming Party, which was a fantastic time. I can't list all the moments of absurdity, stunningly geeky one-liners, so here're seven top choices, or more accurately, the seven I remember, because chances are high people said sillier and/or funnier things, and I just don't remember them now.
- "so, what you're saying is, if your mom was expressed in RGB, she'd be #FFFFFF?" me to Lindsay Woo, whilst discussing her half-Asianity.
- Brie lecturing Rob on his unexciting underpants, the citing of me as a paragon of boxer taste, and the dropping of my pants (as requested by Brie) to fully display said awesome boxer taste.
- Sock Cat.
- "Ellen Allien's coming?!" "Yes." "No." "Yes." "No." "Yes." "No." "Yes." "No." "Yes." "No." "Yes." "When?" "Sunday, Richards." "Fuck you." "I'm serious." "No." "Yes." "No." "Before this goes any further: she's here. On Sunday. At Richards. With Matthew Dear. Will I see you there?" A conversation between myself and Thor... edited for brevity.
- Breaking Rob's bed while watching Futurama.
- The Giant Squid Made of Newspaper Skullfuck hat I was given because I hadn't brought a silly hat.
- the toast to bandwagons
The EA retreat went really, really well. I've got a good group full of good ideas, and as long as I can keep them focused, they'll produce fantastic works. I think I'm getting the hang of this whole leading thing, too.