July 27, 2005

what's becoming an unfortunate habit:

so, apple's rocking some sort of contest for Canadian students, in which you're given $2500 to build an imaginary prize pack, and then a random draw at the end of the whole thing gives you a coupon to the online Apple store.

there's a twist, though: if you refer people, your "prize pool money" goes up, by $250 a person to a maximum of $2500 extra - so you could, in theory, get a $5000 prize pack thing.

unfortunately, there's no handy link or anything - I have to email people with the offer. since I don't want to spam you all, campaign-style, I'm going to ask that if you're interested, drop a comment or send an email to [gerald at interchange dot ubc dot ca]

info at: www.winwhatyouwant.ca - but don't sign up! email me first!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you done the math? Telling more people about the contest means that your odds of winning it actually go down... Are you certain that the increased potential earning is worth the decreased chance of winning?

That's an incredibly sneaky way of running a contest, Apple...

Quinn said...

tim brings up a good point... im not a greedy man, i can live with put a single powerbook... im going to enter and tell no one.

ps: if i refer you and you win, does that mean you owe me an ipod mini?

Gerald said...

the chances are pretty small anyway; what difference does it make if go from 1 in 10,000 to one in 10,010?

PhotoDiarist said...

Hmm... I'll take my chances and ask you to email me the invite... Apple products are sweet.

Anonymous said...

the link doesnt work