May 15, 2003

so I could've gone to the coldplay show.
I could've spent my elections clerk money (thanks, owen!) and bought floor seats
I could be going, next friday, to see my first concert (where I'm not staff), a band who I enjoy immensely.

But I'm not.
Because I didn't.
For a wedding, where I would be the photographer.
But I'm not.
Because they hired someone. (fair enough, it's your wedding)
But they did not think to tell me.

So, next Friday, I will be stuck for approximately six hours at an Indian wedding, being very angry, and masking it.
Masking it like I have to - it is a wedding, and it's not important, right?
Right?

Wrong.
But there's nothing I can do.
I can't skip the wedding (what would people say? asks my mother; what does it matter? is my response)
I can't afford tickets like the ones I would've had.

So, next Friday, I will be stuck for approximately six hours at an Indian wedding, being very angry, and masking it.

If someone gets married on the 31st of August...
fuck 'em. I'm busy.

No comments: