December 19, 2009

gonna cut someone

man, everything blows this week:

  • I sound like a stupid baby; I got a haircut today and enunciating was a fucking ordeal.
  • two more editors left the paper. This makes three since the beginning of the year, and this time there are no clear replacements in sight.
  • the bits of my face that don't hurt are completely numb, which is terrifying; it's still too early to say if anything is permanent (and I hope none of it is)
  • one of my maternal uncles died. I wanted to go see him post-op, but he didn't make it. This was precisely two months (to the day) that my aunt (also maternal) died in Fiji. This is truly something I don't want to come in threes.

the last one makes the rest of them pale in comparison, and it's also why I'm off to California for 36 hours tomorrow. The worryingest bits: I don't look like my passport anymore, I can't talk very well, and there's titanium in my skull now. I hope my doctors notes are enough; I've heard enough about the TSA to be wary.

I've got chemicals; wish me grace (and cue the M83).

No comments: