May 01, 2003

I am not prepared for a summer this long.
last night was a lot of fun, and even though I don't expect it to happen weekly, or even monthly, going to the beach with a load of friends, some alcohol (in recycling bins full of ice) and a guitar is stupid amounts of fun.

...as if on cue, "the scientist" just started.

in any case, here's my Summer Non-Plan, in no real order.

1) find a job. or two.
2) start learning to play either drums or guitar. I'm leaning towards guitar, because I have no way of fitting a drum kit anywhere in this house, and I doubt I'll get space in the new one (if we're staying in SE Vancouver).
3) get into more music. britrock is cool, but I'd like to expand. So far, I've found that I like d&b (among other things), but I have no clue where to start.
4) buy bootlegging gear, most likely this, and some sort of microphone + battery box deal.
5) do the radiohead roadtrip with sean & aleks. highly unlikely, given my parents, but it might be worth a try.
6) bootleg concerts from #5, using gear from #4.
7) pick up a martial art.
8) get my N.
9) figure out if I want to keep the Cavalier, or take my brother's setup out of it, polish that fucker up, and get something else.

more as they come to me, I guess.
thoughts and suggestions are, as always, welcome.

No comments: